Carta Solutions Holding Corp. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Carta” “we”, “us”, “our” or “ourselves” including Carta Worldwide and its affiliates) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of Policy
Carta Worldwide has access to your personal/card information which may be provided to legal or regulatory compliance authorities or law enforcement agencies at their request.
Information We Collect
The information provided to us may include without limitation the answer to your security question, your phone number, the cardholder name, your date of birth, your address, your country of residence, and certain additional card information.
In addition, we may collect the following personal information to provide our service to you:
Personal Information collected to facilitate a payment contract:
• Full name
• Contact details (phone number, e-mail address)
Personal Information collected for the purpose of complying with Anti-Money Laundering regulations:
• Full name
• Residential address
• Date of birth
• Uploaded funding source details such as card PANs
• In some instances, we might be required to request additional information.
How We Collect Information
- You may provide us with information by registering your details with Carta Worldwide, regarding our app or services.
- We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services), and we may receive information from them.
How We Use Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Submitted Information: for the purposes of complying with applicable regulations.
• Device information: for the purposes of security of the application.
• Log information: for the purposes of security of the application.
• Unique application numbers: for the purposes of security of the application.
• Transaction location information: for the purposes of security of the application.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any Carta Worldwide affiliates and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Carta Worldwide or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held will be one of the acquired and transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to:
- Enforce or apply the contractual terms and conditions, other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- Protect the rights, property and/or safety of Carta Worldwide, our customers, or other third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, money laundering prevention and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Information
The information that we collect from you is stored and processed within the European Economic Area (EEA) or Canada. Canada has been deemed by the EU to be a safe jurisdiction through its privacy legislation to provide an adequate level of protection for individuals’ personal information. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information provided to Carta Worldwide is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential; we ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our sites or application; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorized access.
Carta Worldwide does not share your personal information for marketing purposes.
If you received a mailing from us, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (“opt-in”), or (b) you have registered for or purchased our services or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
If you wish to cease receiving an e-newsletter from us, or to change your expressed interest, simply send a message to Carta@cartaworldwide.com with “unsubscribe” in the subject line. By unsubscribing from this e-mail list, you will no longer receive Carta Worldwide e-newsletters.
Access to Information
In the UK, the Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
In Canada, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act.
Last updated: June 2021