Vodafone partners with Carta Worldwide to build the next evolution of the mobile wallet using Carta’s tokenization platform.
Industry: Mobile Network Operator
Services: Tokenization provisioning, Processing and Processing Mapping.
Vodafone is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies serving roughly 450 million customers. Vodafone has mobile operations in 26 countries and partners with mobile networks in 55 more.
Vodafone wanted to launch a revolutionary mobile wallet for the European market that simplified the user setup and experience as well as making it fast and secure.
Vodafone partners with Carta Worldwide to build the next evolution of the mobile wallet using Carta’s tokenization platform. As the tokenization provider, Carta will provision, process and enable the processing mapping for each transaction. Combining tokens and SIMs for NFC Payments, Voda is set to launch the mobile wallet in Q2 of 2015 to 5 major European markets (United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Germany and the Netherlands).
- This new service will be supported on a wide range of Android smartphones. Customers will be able to:
- input their bank cards to the Vodafone Wallet app, where an alias of each card is stored securely in the Vodafone NFC SIM;
- confirm ownership of the card using Verified by Visa authentication;
- pay by tapping their phones against a contactless point-of-sale terminal; and
- check their mobile payment transaction history using their phones, wherever they are.
The digital wallet just took another step forward. With a few clicks, customers will be able to add payment cards to their Vodafone Wallet and use Android smartphones to pay at contactless terminals. Thanks to our agreements with Visa and Carta Worldwide, using bank cards stored on Vodafone Wallet is fast, secure and simple.
– Mark Ritzmann, Head of mCommerce at Vodafone Group
Carta’s next-generation platform is built to provide the highest security and reliability standards. At the same time, the flexibility of the platform has allowed Carta to develop this innovative service with Vodafone in record time.