Carta Worldwide (“we”, “us”, “our” or “ourselves” including Carta Worldwide affiliates and its subsidiaries) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of Policy
Carta Worldwide has access to personal/card information which may be provided to legal or regulatory compliance authorities or law enforcement agencies at their request.
Information We Collect
The information provided to us may include the answer to your secret question, phone number, cardholder name, date of birth, address, country of residence and certain card information.
In addition, we may collect the following data items to provide our service to you:
Data items collected to facilitate a payment contract:
• Full name
• Contact details (phone number, e-mail address)
Data items collected for the purpose of complying with Anti-Money Laundering regulation:
• Full name
• Residential address
• Date of birth
• Uploaded funding source details such as card PANs
• In some instances, we might be required to request additional information.
How We Collect Information
• You may provide us information by registering your details with Carta Worldwide, regarding our app or services.
• We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services), and we may receive information from them.
Uses Made of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Submitted Information: for the purposes of complying with applicable regulation.
• Device information: for the purposes of security of the application.
• Log information: for the purposes of security of the application.
• Unique application numbers: for the purposes of security of the application.
• Transaction location information: for the purposes of security of the application.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If Carta Worldwide or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
In order to:
• Enforce or apply the terms, other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
• Protect the rights, property or safety of Carta Worldwide, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, money laundering prevention and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you is stored and processed within European Economic Area (EEA) or Canada. Canada is deemed by the EU to be a safe jurisdiction as it is deemed to provide an adequate level of protection. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information provided to Carta Worldwide is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Application. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential; we ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Carta Worldwide does not share data for marketing purposes.
If you received a mailing from us, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (“opt-in”), or (b) you have registered or purchased or otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
If you wish to cease receiving an e-newsletter from us, or to change your expressed interest, simply send a message to [insert email address] with “unsubscribe” in the subject line. By unsubscribing from this e-mail list you will no longer receive the company newsletters.
Access to Information
In the UK, the Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
In Canada, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act.