Be a part of something people are talking about. Join CARTA.
CARTA exists in a fast-paced, complex and competitive industry. We work and partner with some of the largest brands in the world. We’ve built a talented team that accomplishes great things at a remarkable pace. Our business is constantly evolving—so there is huge scope for growth and plenty of possibilities for exploration. Are you up for a challenge?
Current job openings at CARTA Worldwide
Click or tap the titles below to get complete information on each position.
Junior Systems Administrator
Junior System Administrator at Carta Worldwide, the successful candidate will be a member of the Corporate support team reporting to the Corporate IT Manager. This role will involve working hours that are outside of normal business hours including on call and pager duty.
• Onboarding/offboarding employees
• Server maintenance and support
• Document internal procedures, create knowledge base
• Compiling PCI compliance evidence
• Application troubleshooting and support
• Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
• Maintain integrity of the network, firewalls, switches and Access points
• Other duties as requested
• Working knowledge of Server Operating Systems
• Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
• Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery
• Formal education in the Information Technology field
• Knowledge of ESXi, PRTG, HPSM, JIRA and SEPM is an asset
Please note, only candidates who can attend an interview in person in our Charlottetown, PEI office will be considered for this role. Please do not apply if you are unable to attend a face to face interview.
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, with the position you are applying for as your subject line.
Assistant IT Project Manager
Assistant IT Project Manager assists and aides in supporting the daily activities of the IT Project Manager. The successful candidate will be able to effectively communicate and liaison with internal technical and security teams and is able to navigate complex technical subject matter. We provide our internal teams efficient and strategic capacity and process to achieve the goals and direction set out by CARTA. We participate and lead in a security and privacy aware culture, promoting and advocating company policy and process.
• 1-3 years experience using JIRA or similar project management software
• Working understanding of agile methodology
• Able to describe requirements and ideas visually using wireframe tools
• Demonstrable understanding of IT
• Able to follow directions and take initiative when required
• Monitor progress of multiple projects
• Manage daily tasks in the absence of IT Project Manager
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Office 365 toolset
• Assist PM in taking care of fine details of project;
• Create software selection criteria and vendor comparison;
• Monitor work items, sprints and scrums in JIRA;
• Build reports and documentation in Confluence;
• Communicate and follow up with clients on work items;
• Conduct assessments to identify and resolve risk in projects;
• Participate in departmental meetings;
• Set priorities, assign tasks and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones; and
• Promote continuous quality monitoring
IT Compliance & Security Analyst
IT Compliance and Security Analyst strengthens security processes and cultivates a security-aware culture across internal departments and offices that span the globe. Responsible for supporting and maintaining information security, leadership and strategic direction for IT security encompassing all infrastructure and software applications with a strong emphasis on PCI and GDPR compliance. Able to integrate people and processes and are a strategic problem solver. Recommend solutions / processes to mitigate cyber, information and insider risks, strengthen defences and reduce vulnerabilities for corporate, development, internal and external facing systems and services.
• Experience developing and maintaining policy
• Fluent in PCI DSS Requirements 1 – 12
• Understanding of TCP/IP
• Able to perform network analysis and inspection
• Confident with IPS/IDS and VPN
• Demonstrable experience with network technologies and related segmentation strategies
• Familiar with SIEM products and log management
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• 1+ years experience performing penetration testing of network, application and IT resources
• Exposure to GDPR is considered an asset
• Collect and document evidence for PCI DSS across multiple data centers and departments
• Maintain processor activities for GDPR
• Participate and lead in data governance
• Manage security event systems, security event log consolidation and monitoring
• Manage malware and antivirus detections / prevention solutions, enterprise auditing, network vulnerability assessment, network penetration tools and methods
• Incident response planning, business continuity planning
• Develop security awareness and secure coding team building exercises and training programs
• Maintain and improve escalation flow and procedures
• Improve, harden and manage internal audit procedures and content to validate cyber and information security industry best practices
• Expand the complexity of IRP test / study scenarios
• Maintain key risk and performance indicators and thresholds for cyber / information security risks and controls
• Maintain a tactical cyber information security implementation and RCAs
• Document and maintain consistent common taxonomy for cyber and information security risk
• Harden post incident review processes
• Participate in cyber attack and recover simulation exercises
Salary: $55,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Reporting to the Head of Delivery the Project Manager will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that the client requirements are deliverable within the technical, functional, regulatory and commercial architectures
• Owning and managing the delivery of the contracted programme to the agreed requirement
• Primary client contact during the delivery cycle
• Managing the setup of any 3rd party organisations, functions or architectures required by the agreed requirement
• Management of the testing and acceptance phase of the programme
• Implementation of any new or amended processes associated with a client requirement
• Obtaining sign off for all relevant parties including clients, issuers and any other organisations prior to putting the program live
• Management of the transition to live operation
• Managing any changes to the scope of the project during the delivery cycle
• Liaison with the Account management and Commercial teams to manage impacts and risks associated with change management activities
• The position will have ownership of all day to day activities listed above for specific clients
New and revised processes are constantly required to support the client functions and it is expected that these Project Managers will be involved in the development of these processes.
The Project Manager will be the key individual around whom new Carta program deliveries will be managed it is expected that the individual selected will contribute to the ongoing improvement of the Carta delivery team with proactive suggestions and actions.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have strong experience of similar roles in a fast growing B2B2C focused company utilising real time IT and customer service systems.
Prior payments industry knowledge is essential, and Scheme experience would be preferred but is not mandatory.
The ability to identify gaps in processes and design and implement effective solutions is critical.
The candidate will have a positive, up-beat approach and are an excellent communicator, able to build effective relationships at all levels, externally with clients as well as internally with colleagues. Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and very much a self-starter the candidate will bring significant value to the company from day one.
Senior Oracle Database Administrator
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Carta’s Senior Oracle Database Administrator will provide strategic and technical leadership for Oracle infrastructure and projects to internal team. Liaison and effectively communicate with client/internal Oracle DBAs and stakeholders to support Oracle mirroring, replication, security and compliance. Responsible for exceeding PCI specification for the establishment, implementation, support and administration of Oracle infrastructure. Monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance, backup, disaster recovery and support for all production and pre-production environments across multiple data centers circling the globe.
• Oracle Database 12c Release 2
• Oracle Forms and Reports 12c.
• 7+ years in Unix/Linux environments, HP-UX and Red Hat Linux
• Database performance monitoring and tuning
• Oracle SQL, and PL/SQL
• PCI DSS 3.2 requirements 2, 3, 6, 7, 8 and 10
• 7+ years experience in installation, maintenance, patching and upgrades
• Knowledge of Unix scripting
• In-depth understanding of how Oracle acquires and manages resources
• In-depth understanding of Oracle security management
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and high team spirit
• Deal with clients in a courteous, respectful and professional manner
• Work closely with other DBAs in a team environment; and communicate with team members in an effective way
• Analyzes database performance, modifying DBMS parameters to improve throughput and effectively utilize system resources
• Ensures that database improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency
• Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects
• Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database
• Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures
• Establish and enforce security standards to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance; and
• Perform reviews on the design and code frequently to ensure the security standards and policy are being adhered to